- NASA International Space Station On-Orbit Status 24 August 2016
- SA satellite heads to International Space Station
- UFO spotter claims discovery of ‘shoe’ on Mars is evidence of ancient genocide
- The PowerEgg is a UFO-like drone that looks straight out of Area 51
- Hot Talent Buffet invades UFO Factory Saturday night
Daily Caller ... NASA astronaut Jeffrey Williams broke the record for longest amount of total time in space Wednesday after 521 days in orbit. Williams surpassed the previous 520-day record set by NASA astronaut Scott Kelly, whose one-year space station mission ended .° ... GeekWire ... RedOrbit ... The Verge ... –
Nature World News ... During the Obama administration, NASA has seen the demise of the Space Shuttle program. But it bounced back with a new goal: to send humans to Mars by 2030. While the “Journey to Mars” program was received with much excitement, Congress thought .° ... Big Think (blog) ... iTech Post
Space.com ... The discoveries made by Voyager 2 — and by its twin, Voyager 1, which had flown past Saturn nine months earlier — reshaped scientists’ understanding of the Saturn system and planted the seed for NASA’s Cassini mission, which began orbiting the ringed .° ... Boing Boing ... RedOrbit ... Zee News
- Happy Anniversary, Voyager 2! NASA Probe Flew by Saturn 35 Years Ago
- NASA flies to Africa to study climate effects of smoke on clouds
- NASA’s Mars Journey Faces Uncertainties with 2016 Elections
The researchers say soft robots can adapt more easily to some environments than rigid machines, and this research could lead to autonomous robots that can sense their surroundings and interact with people. As the fuel gives off oxygen, pressure from the gas builds up in the controller and eventually causes some valves to open and others to close, inflating chambers in half the robot’s ...
A government panel has cleared commercial use of what would be India’s first genetically modified (GM) food crop, but politicians still have to give final approvals amid wide-spread public opposition. Technical clearance for indigenously developed GM mustard seeds was given on Aug. 11 by the panel of government and independent experts, following multiple reviews of crop trial data ...